Thursday, January 8, 2009

Preparing for USPF Pittsburgh Feb. 28th

I know that this is a bad time to start a blog, but I am pissed and know I have messed up my training schedule. The holidays have been rough on me and I tried pushing through them and to no avail I believe that I have successfully overtrained for the first time in years. I squatted 515x3 to a high box 3 weeks ago, 480x1 for 3 sets last week and today 450 felt heavy. I have hit 480 in my first competition and now I am worried that I will fail miserably. I need a week to get my head straight. This week starting TODAY will be a deload and a much needed one at that. Then it is on to doing good mornings, zerchers, DE days and more. Getting back to the basics for the last 7 weeks. Next week will be just light accessory stuff. I need to heal an uncomfortable groin problem and tendonitis in my left arm. Everything is going to change today. I am making it change.

****Key note: My last training cycle I was training at 242lbs (22.8%bf) for 12 weeks. I have cleaned up the diet and have dropped to 231.5lbs (20.6%bf) and it has changed everthing. I want the numbers, but I am comfortable at this weight now. I will see what happens, but will eat up to the meet for weigh-ins and not worry about dropping anything. I want to stay hydrated and continue on a path of PR's!****

Deutsch

No comments:

Post a Comment