Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting Back to Training Tomorrow

I have taken the last week off from doing the heavy max effort work that I usually do. I actually feel a bit better now and have the fire back that I almost lost. I will work on a few different things with this next 6 week cycle leading up to the meet on February 28th. I am getting back to the usual Westside ways first off. My schedule because of the de-load will run Saturday to Friday. I know it’s confusing, but I am difficult.
Bench (Saturdays)
Week #1 – Floor Press (Floor Press in Shirt)
Week #2 – 3 Board (Shirt)
Week #3 – Ultra Wide Bench 6RM
Week #4 – Shirt Work (Chains)
Week #5 – Shirt (Opener to Chest, 2nd Sink into towel, 3rd to 2 Board)
Week #6 – Rest (Meet on Saturday)
A lot of dumbbell work will be added in for a little extra strength as well as rotator work and Halbert Swings.

Squat/Deadlift (Tuesdays)
Week #1 – Good Mornings 3RM
Week #2 – Suspended Good Mornings 5RM
Week #3 – Deadlifts (Chains)
Week #4 – Band Good Mornings (Hitting Opener on DE Day in Gear)
Week #5 – De-Load
Week #6 – Rest (Meet on Saturday)
I used to do a lot of G/M, but got away from them due to the frequency of others around me squatting all the time. This made me constantly squat and eventually over train. I could have avoided this, but I was stubborn as hell.

*** I am not looking to set any real PR’s at this meet. I know that it is a sin to think like that, but I have dropped to 229lbs today and have a month and a half to go. I may end up in the 220lb class. A squat I got at 242lbs will feel like a PR at 220lbs. I am just here to beat myself and no one else. September’s USPF Pittsburgh meet is where I want to set some real numbers.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment