Saturday, January 17, 2009

ME Bench / Rage X (52)

Bodyweight this morning was 229.5lbs @ 20.6%bf. I am happy with this as long as my numbers improve. I am aiming for 1300lbs at the meet. I may be able to go a bit higher if these next few weeks go as planned.

Dynamic warm-up & some static stretching of biceps and forearms
Bench
2x5x160
1x5x190
1x3x240
1x3x260
1x0x300 (I will bench 300 again. Last time was @ 242lbs)

3 Board (Rage X Size 52) ****1 Size Too Big****
300x3
315x3
335x3
355x3
375x3
315x2 (Chest)
335x2 (Chest)

Floor Press 5x5
J.M. Floor Press 4x8
Face Pulls (Purple Band) 3x12

I skipped by lat work today due to the fact that I am having issues with a problem that occurred about a year ago. I got thoracic outlet syndrome (fancy term for “something is pushing against my traps and lats causing them to give a bigger pump to my right arm.”) My right arm will turn slightly purple and swell A LOT. This is ok though according to the chiropractor. The only way to get rid of it is surgery and it is not killing me. My back is very thick and strong and I can afford to miss 1 day.

***The Rage X I used is a size 52 that I picked up in Parkersburg at my first meet. The one that I have is a 48 and I am strong enough to touch, but not strong enough to press the weight that it takes to touch. The chest plate is loose, but when I jack it up and set it I can actually use it to my advantage. The weight was light and flying up today. I am back on track and refuse to miss another weight again. I will move back into the 48 eventually when I am strong enough to handle it.***

No comments:

Post a Comment