Friday, March 27, 2009

Meet Prep

I have not posted this week due to my prep for the meet next weekend. I am actually supposed to be doing a deload for the 5/3/1 training that I have been doing, but decided to get in the gear one last time and do this right. Benching is going as planned and in my tight shirt I have hit 380 and hope this is about where I end up. Maybe try for 390 though. My squat is running really well too. I hit it last Friday and got 480, but yesterday I hit 440 (+ 43lbs in chains) which is 483 at the top and about 460 at the bottom. It was my easiest set yet. 480+ is definitly in the bag. Deadlift is a bit sketchy as always due to overtraining this move and not allowing enough recovery. I hit 475, but it was slow and weak. Taking a week off of training will allow this to change though and I am planning on at least 500lbs. Over all I am aiming for 1360 and it seems pretty resonable. I am just doing conditioning this week and will wait till the meet to really post anything

No comments:

Post a Comment